The translator may be a bit wonky. It's Google Translate, what do you expect?

Friday, February 24, 2017

ZQ Retold Part 3: A Plan

Note: This story, along with the previous one, both chronicle the events of the second original ZQ story. Expect this to happen a lot in ZQ Retold.


Once inside, Abe painfully yanked his shoulder back into place, and ran into the basement.
The basement was just as they had left it. The only sign that an alien invasion had begun was the Goblin on the floor. Abe felt it’s hand. It was stone cold, so it had likely died.

Forget it, he thought. Why did I think this would be like a book, where I defeat the bad guys and save the world? All I can do is just try to survive. Maybe the government will stop these aliens, and life will go back to normal.

What about Tyler and Caleb?, a voice in his head asked.

No point. They won’t even let me help them. Probably right of them, too. All I’d do is just claim responsibility for everything. They’d be better off without me.

“Abe! We’ll die without you!”, Caleb shouted.

So, they do need me, I guess I have no choice, Abe thought as he ran out of the basement.

Inside, he found Tyler and Caleb.

“The giant came back. He didn’t see us yet, but if he does, he’ll destroy the house and we’ll die. We need you to help us kill that thing”, said Caleb.

“What do you mean you need me? Just a bit ago you didn’t even want me to help you!”, Abe told Tyler and Caleb.

“You could barely move your shoulder! It was for your own good!”, Tyler responded.

“Stop fighting! If you two can’t agree on anything, then I’ll come up with the plan”, Caleb told them. “Abe, did you fix your shoulder?”

“Yeah”, he replied.

“Then you and Tyler bait the giant toward that tree outside. I’ll climb it and take out the giant”

“Wait here, Abe” Tyler told him as he ran into the garage. He came back with a can of gasoline and a box of matches.

Abe’s face lit up. “I’ve always wanted to set someone on fire without feeling guilty”, he said, taking the gas can and matches.

“Good idea, Tyler”, Caleb said. “I’ll be at my window, waiting until you distract him”

As soon as Abe and Tyler left the house, the giant turned on them. Tyler stabbed at the giant’s foot, making a small cut. He jumped back just in time to miss the giant’s foot. The foot smashed into the house, trapping it. As soon as it did, Tyler began to whack at the foot.

“Abe, your turn!”, Tyler yelled as he hacked away at the rough, green skin.

Abe lit a match, and held it against the foot. It singed the foot, but it didn’t seem to do anything.

“Guys, run!”, Caleb called from the window.

As they ran, Abe and Tyler heard a deep, gurgling scream, followed by a massive thud. The two turned around, and saw the Goblin lying dead on the ground.

“Those matches of yours didn’t work at all”, Abe told Tyler. Tyler looked down at his Goblin-bloodstained feet preparing for another argument.

“But that was a good plan”, said Abe, weakly smiling.

“Thanks”, said Tyler.

“Incoming!”, Caleb called from the house. A high-pitched roar sounded from somewhere nearby. Another giant, or something even worse?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure this is tagged correctly. Is this really the Cow Chronicles?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fixed it. I would have done it earlier, but I was having computer trouble

      Delete